S.I. Environmental Limited – Occupational Hygiene, Environmental Monitoring and Health and Safety & Consultancy Services
"Occupational Hygiene” is about the prevention of ill-health from work, through recognising, evaluating and controlling the risks, including the physical hazards; noise, dusts, fumes, vapours, fibres and mists. To evaluate and assess the risks could involve air monitoring, which could be dust monitoring, dust sampling, and air sampling of other airborne contaminants. Nuisance dust is considered to be the total dust in air including inhalable and respirable fractions.
Established in 2000, S.I. Environmental Limited are leading the market in air monitoring of workplace dusts, vapours, fibres, mists and fumes to investigate employee exposure, by inhalation to the substances hazardous to health, workplace occupational noise monitoring and assessments in compliance with ‘The Control of Noise @ Work Regulations 2005, Environmental noise monitoring and noise impact assessments in accordance with BS4142, “Method for rating industrial noise affecting mixed residential and industrial areas”, and Planning Policy Guidance 24: Planning and Noise (PPG24),Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (CoSHH) statutory ‘Thorough Examination & Tests of Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Systems’, monitoring and assessment of the hand-arm vibration exposure to employees, and Health & Safety management consultancy using qualified and professional Health & Safety ‘CMIOSH’ consultants.
Based in the midlands and offering a nationwide service to the industrial and commercial sectors, local government, universities, schools and colleges, S.I. Environmental Limited strives to continually improve the standard and range of occupational hygiene, environmental and health &safety services offered, this is reflected in the growth of the company and the growing number of clients across the UK.
Helping to make your Workplace Safer!
- Airborne Dust Sampling Surveys
- Vapours & Mist Sampling
- Fibres and Fume Sampling
- Monitoring of Employee’s Personal Dust & Fume Exposures
- Monitoring Back Ground Levels of Dusts & Fumes
- HSE’s Workplace Exposure Limits.
- Assessment of Respiratory Protection Equipment (RPE)
- Assessment of Control Measures
Noise & Vibration
- Workplace Noise Surveys
- Workplace Noise Exposure Monitoring
- Occupational Noise Risk Assessment
- Hand-Arm Vibration Monitoring
- Hand-Arm Vibration Assessments
- Environmental Noise Impact Assessment
- BS4142 Noise Assessment
- Planning and Noise (PPG24)
- LEV Examination & Tests
- CoSHH Assessments
- Paint Booth Examination & Test
- Fume Cupboards Examination & Tests
- Measurement & Tests of General Ventilation
- Air Quality and Ventilation in Workplace Assessments
- Smoke Clearance Tests
Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Consultancy
- Health & Safety Audits & Inspections
- Health & Safety Risk Assessments
- Health & Safety Training
- Health & Safety Competent Person Advice
- Fire Risk Assessment
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 require each employer to carry out a noise risk assessment where any employee is likely to be exposed to noise at or above the lower exposure action. S.I. Environmental offer extensive noise assessments, noise surveys and noise monitoring services to the UK commercial and industrial sectors. S.I. Environmental can carry out noise exposure monitoring and noise level surveys of full sites, noisy areas, processes and equipment before identifying the daily noise exposure of all employees and site visitors who may be at risk of hearing damage.